Winter brings holidays, building snowmen, sledding, hot chocolate, sitting by a fireplace, and the dreaded “winter itch”. The winter itch can not only be annoying but it can also be painful for some. We need to take extra special care of our skin in the winter to avoid this.
Dry skin is caused by;
- lack of water
- taking hot showers
- having the heat on in the house
- using a deodorant soap or cleanser
To help prevent winter itch;
- leave a pan or glass of water out in your house to add moisture in the air
- use a humidifier
- drink lots of water to hydrate from the inside out
- use a moisturizing cleanser, such as our bath butter which is made with sweet almond oil
- take lukewarm showers not lasting more than 15 minutes
- apply a moisturizer immediately after shower, while the skin is still wet
- do not scratch your skin if itchy, this causes more damage. Place a cool cloth on the itchy area to sooth the itch
- Use Touch’d organic sugar scrub 2-3 times per week. The sugar will gently exfoliate dead skin cells while the medicinal oils penetrate into the skin to help the healing process, as well as, adding much needed moisture.
In the winter the air is dry, evaporating the moisture on our skin. The hotter the shower, the more water we take out of our skin. When we turn the heat on in the house, it drys out the air around us and the water from our skin evaporates easily, leaving our skin dry.
Feel Sexy, Feel Beautiful, Get Touch’d!
Rachel Ferrucci created the winning formula to help relieve eczema